Friday, January 24, 2014

Favorite Quote Friday #118

Happy Friday!  We had the best weather last night.  Cold.  Wet.  Dreary.  It may sound crazy, but since we have swelteringly hot, drought-ridden, blindingly bright weather for most of the year, it was a very nice change.  :-)

And cold, wet, dreary weather is perfect for curling up with a good book while toasting one's toes before a fire.  ;-)



My Article "Characters:  Sometimes They Surprise You" appeared in the January 2014 issue of The Romance Reviews.  Check it out on page 28 and see how characters Bastien, Ami, and Zach changed the story arc of my Immortal Guardians series.  :-)


Speaking of Bastien . . .


Love bad boys?  Can't resist a black sheep?  Then you're in luck, because I'm giving away a signed copy of Phantom Shadows + Immoral Guardians swag in my Valentine's Contest!  If you're new to my series, I'll give you a little teaser by saying that Bastien entered it as a villain.  He didn't just buck the system, he tried to bring it down and took being a bad boy to a whole new level.  :-)  The contest is already underway and lasts through February 9, 2014.  You can enter HERE.


I'm also giving away a signed copy of Darkness Dawns + lots of Immortal Guardians swag to celebrate the New Year.  See how the series began!  :-)  This contest lasts through January 31st.  You can enter HERE.


It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  For today's selection, I thought I would give you a taste of a scene I mentioned in my article for The Romance Reviews.  It takes place in Phantom Shadows, Immortal Guardians Book 3, and features Ami (the heroine of Night Reigns) and Zach (the hero of Night Unbound).  I'll preface the quote by mentioning that Ami and Zach have just met for the first time in this scene.  Zach, who is not part of the Immortal Guardians family, has been tortured; and Ami sought him out after sensing his pain.  The scene is told from Zach's POV.

Don’t you fear me?  With her history, he would’ve thought she would be terrified of him.  He was, after all, aware of the anxiety that struck her whenever she encountered strangers.

And he was as strange a stranger as she would meet.

No.

Why?

She shrugged.  You remind me of Seth.

Well, hell.

I suppose I should ask . . .  Are you friend or foe?

That was a head-scratcher.  Neither?

If you’re not one, you’re the other.

If only things were that simple.

She shivered.  The cold must be creeping in through her jacket.

Gritting his teeth, he spread his wings, then drew them in close to form a shield that insulated her from the wintery wind.

She glanced at him from the corner of her eye.  I knew you were a friend.

This is one of my favorite scenes.  And, like bad boy Bastien, Zach has become one of my favorite characters.  :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment