Friday, July 8, 2016

Favorite Quote Friday #112

Happy Friday!  How was your week?  Mine was very busy, very productive, and very exciting.  I finished my last read-through of Rendezvous With Yesterday, The Gifted Ones Book 2.  Yay!  I always consider it a good sign when I get choked up while reading one of my manuscripts, and secretly hope that when you read it, you'll end up crying, too.  LOL.  But don't worry.  The book isn't a tear jerker.  I laughed a lot while reading it, too.  The heroine in this one would fit right in with my Immortal Guardians family.  And you know how those guys like to razz each other.  The ladies get their fair share of teasing in, too.  ;-) 



Guess what!  Phantom Embrace hit the USA Today Bestseller List!  Woohoo!!  When it was originally released in the On the Hunt anthology, I heard from so many readers who enjoyed Yuri and Cat's story and thanked me for giving Yuri a HEA.  I'm glad readers who don't read anthologies now have a chance to pick it up as a solo novella.  :-)

Here are some more reviews that have rolled in:




Kindle  Nook  iTunes  Kobo
(Previously published in the On the Hunt anthology)
Only $1.99
“Duvall's hauntingly beautiful novella, set in the world of the Immortal Guardians, portrays the deep love between two people who can never touch, with a wonderfully unexpected ending.”
—Publishers Weekly
It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  I thought I would give you another quote from Phantom Embrace today.  This scene features Yuri and his best friend, fellow immortal Stanislav, but is told from the heroine's point of view:
Yuri offered him his hand.
Stanislav clasped his arm instead and pulled Yuri into a hug, clapping him on the back.
Yuri grunted as pain flashed across his features.
When Stanislav released him and stepped back, he arched a brow, lips twitching. “That’s for scaring the sh** out of me earlier.”
Yuri huffed a laugh, then grabbed his side again with a grunt. “Don’t make me laugh, damn it. It hurts.”
I'm glad readers had such a strong reaction to these two in Night Unbound. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment