Friday, February 14, 2014

Favorite Quote Friday #121

Happy Valentine's Day!!!  I am SO ready for this weekend.  :-)  It's been a week full of ups and downs.  And the biggest up was hearing that my editor thought the Night Unbound edits I turned in last week were "perfect."  Woohoo!!


I also found out that Night Unbound (September 2, 2014) is now available for pre-order in paperback at both Amazon and Barnes and Noble.  The ebooks will be available for pre-order closer to the release date.  I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.  :-)


I found some wonderful Immortal Guardians reviews and thought I'd share a few with you.


The Wormhole gave Darkness Dawns a fabulous review.  Here's a snippet:

"Holy Wow!  I truly enjoyed this book.  The characters - all of them - are wonderfully created and the story is excellent . . . I am solidly hooked and can't wait to get started on the next book in the series."
You can read the full review HERE.


The Geeky Blogger's Book Blog gave the Darkness Rises audiobook a lovely review.  Here's a taste:

"I have been WAITING for Darkness Rises for a LONG time! Pretty much the second I finished Phantom Shadows I was chomping at the bit to get a hold of this book. I was not disappointed. . . Krysta and Etienne had an amazing connection!"

You can find the full review HERE.


Tempting Reads gave Darkness Rises, Immortal Guardians Book 4, a fantastic review, too.  Here's a peak:

"Just when I think I know what’s going on in this series, Duvall shakes things up.  The author has created a unique world with her Guardians; even better she adds new life to the vampire trope, leaving me awed and highly entertained."

You can read see the full review HERE.




To celebrate Valentine's Day, I'll be giving away a signed copy of Darkness Rises + lots of Immortal Guardians swag over on my Facebook Page!  The contest will only last through today and tomorrow.  Drop by and enter for a chance to #WIN!

RT Reviewers' Choice Award for Best Vampire Romance Nominee
Amazon • Kindle • Barnes and Noble • Nook
iBooks • Kobo • Audible • Walmart


It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  Since today is Valentine's Day and love is in the air, I thought I'd give you a romantic quote from Darkness Rises.  Here's a little taste of Étienne and Krysta's first kiss:

----------------------------------------
He cupped her face in his large hands, heard her breath catch, her heartbeat pick up its pace just as his own did.  Heat rushed through him at the simple touch.  “You saved my life tonight,” he whispered. 

Reaching up, she curled her small, soft hands around his wrists.

Étienne held his breath, waiting for her to pull his hands away.  When she didn’t . . .

“Thank you,” he said.

As she nodded, he dipped his head and pressed his lips to hers.

* * *

Fire licked its way through Krysta’s veins at the soft contact.  Étienne caressed her cheeks as his silky smooth, surprisingly warm lips brushed hers.

What am I doing?

His tongue stroked her lips, tempting her into parting them.

What the hell am I doing? she repeated just before he deepened the kiss and she stopped thinking.

Her heart pounded in her chest, thudding against her ribs so determinedly she thought Étienne must feel it.

If he didn’t before, he did then as he moved forward, crowding her against the counter and pressing his large, muscular body into hers.

----------------------------------------

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment