Friday, August 24, 2012

Favorite Quote Friday #47

Hi, all!  I hope you had a good week.  I've been working on In Still Darkness and a little something else I'll share with you at a later date, so I haven't been able to spend much time at all online.  I hope my internet friends are doing well.  I miss chatting with you and keeping up with you on facebook and twitter.  For those who started back to school this week, I hope it went well!  :-)
I have Immortal Guardians news.  :-)
Kirsten Potter will be reading the Phantom Shadows audiobook.  Woohoo!  A lot of listeners have praised her renditions of the first two books and mentioned hoping she would read Phantom Shadows, too.  Production has been delayed just a bit, though, so the audiobook won't be released on October 2nd, when the paperback and ebooks are.  It will be released later in the month.  I'll let you know the exact date as soon as I learn it.
Also, I've been asked to write an article for LoveLetter magazine (distributed in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) to celebrate the German release of Darkness Dawns in October.  I'm very excited!
It's time again for Favorite Quote Friday!  Darkness Dawns has been replaying itself in my mind ever since I heard from the publisher of LoveLetter, so I thought I'd give a mini-excerpt from one of my favorite scenes in it.  Sarah, the heroine, has just had a very shocking introduction to the preternatural world and has narrowly escaped a large-scale vampire attack . . . or so she thinks.

Sarah’s whole body trembled. Her thoughts were scattered. Her actions driven solely by the need to get away. Fast. Too fast to navigate the bends and curves of the road safely, but she couldn’t bring herself to slow down. She turned on the high beams, hoping it would compensate for the lack of streetlights and let her see any deer that may have ambled onto the road in time to avoid hitting them.

Vampires, she thought hysterically.

Vampires were real.

And Roland was one of them.

The hood of the car abruptly buckled when a man seemingly dropped out of the sky and landed on it in a crouch.

Sarah screamed as the front of the car nosedived into the pavement. The air bag exploded into her face, slamming her head back into the headrest. The rear end of the car kept moving forward, tires squealing as the car spun around and came to a jarring halt facing the trees on the side of the road.

If Darkness Dawns is ever made into a movie, I think this scene will be the one I look forward to the most.  I would love to be on the set when they filmed it.  :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment