Friday, August 17, 2012

Favorite Quote Friday #46

Happy Friday!  I hope you had a nice week and stayed cool.  It's been miserably hot here, with temps of 100 degrees or more in the shade.  Fortunately, I've been spending my days inside, writing, editing, and doing some film work (post production).
It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  Richart has been on my mind a lot lately because he's the hero of In Still Darkness, the Immortal Guardians novella on which I'm working.  If you aren't familiar with my series, Richart is a French immortal who possesses the ability to teleport, something that comes in very handy during battle.   Today's selection, taken from Night Reigns, Book 2, gives a little hint of this:

Chaos rippled through the vampire army.  No longer so confident, the vamps began to divide their attention between fighting Marcus, Roland, and Ami and looking around wildly for the figure that kept appearing and disappearing in their midst like the Grim Reaper culling souls.

Battle scenes are such fun to write.  :-)
Redz World
Join me at Redz World, where I'll be talking about the transformations that takes place in my series, and enter to win a copy of Darkness Dawns! The contest began on August 15th.
Later this the month, I'll be appearing at Kelsey's Book Corner for my first Phantom Shadows  oriented Q&A, and you can enter to win a copy of Darkness Dawns!
I'm also giving away two signed Immortal Guardians novels over at goodreads.   You can enter to win Darkness Dawns here and Night Reigns here.

Have a great weekend!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment