Friday, June 29, 2012

Favorite Quote Friday #39

Happy Friday!  I hope my friends in Florida made it through the storm safely.  It is hot, hot, hot in my neck of the woods, with temps reaching 105 degrees in the shade.  Which is why I've been staying inside and writing like crazy while my air conditioner struggles to combat the heat.  I'm very excited about the progress I've made on the novella I'm writing for the Predatory anthology.  The title will be In Still Darkness.  What do you think?  I've been spending so much time writing that I've fallen behind on just about everything else and haven't spent much time online.  But I had to make an exception today for my favorite segment:
Today I've chosen a snippet that actually highlights not one but two of the heroes in my Immortal Guardians series.  Roland Warbrook, well over nine hundred years old, is the hero of the first book – Darkness Dawns.  Marcus Grayden, over eight hundred years old, is the hero of the second book – Night Reigns.  The two immortals have been friends for centuries and, despite Roland's trust issues and antisocial reputation, are as close as brothers.  In fact, Marcus is probably the only immortal in whom Roland might confide.  In today's quote, taken from Night Reigns, Marcus addresses Roland, who then responds:

You've never stressed over fighting vampires before.

I've never had anything to lose before.  What I have with Sarah . . . I don't ever want anything to jeopardize that, Marcus.  I don't ever want to lose her.

I love Roland's relationship with Sarah.  ;-)

I hope you're all beating the heat!  Have a fantastic weekend!

Dianne

2 comments:

  1. Roland and Marcus are hot!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I think so, too. ;-) That's why I can't let them go. You'll see them again in PHANTOM SHADOWS.

      Delete