Friday, May 25, 2012

Favorite Quote Friday #34

Happy Friday!  This week really flew past, but it was a great one!  :-) How was yours?  Anyone on vacation yet?  Heading for the beach? Kicking back and watching zombie movie marathons?  (Yes, I am a zombie movie fiend.)   I'm still working on Phantom Shadows proofs, but am confident I'll finish before the deadline.  Carefully scrutinizing every word and punctuation mark in a 108,000-word manuscript, looking for any errors we may have missed during edits and copyedits can simply be slow going.   :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have some very exciting news to share with you.  I'm going to write an Immortal Guardians novella that will appear in an anthology alongside novellas by Alexandra Ivy and Nina Bangs!  Woohoo!  I'm so excited!!!  

I also took a trip over to Amazon.de and found this:

The German cover of Darkness Dawns!
Ausgezeichnet!

Love it!  Love it!  Love it!  It will be released in Germany in October 2012.  Ich hoffe, die Leser werden es mögen!  :-)  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brenda Novak Auction
There's only a week left to bid on items in The Brenda Novak Annual Auction for the Cure of Diabetes.  Bidding will continue through May 31st.  I've donated an Immortal Guardians package:
  • 1 signed copy of Darkness Dawns
  • 1 signed copy of Night Reigns
  • Immortal Guardians swag (cover flats, postcards, bookmarks, mini-bookmarks).
There is also a store which will allow shoppers to purchase items with the proceeds going towards the auction.  The link to it is http://www.cafepress.com/brendanovaksonlinediabetesauction.  You can find out more on their blog:  http://bnauctionblog.tumblr.com/.

The auction will have a final Twitter Party on Sunday,  May 27, 2012 from 1:00-2:00 PM PST. One lucky tweeter who uses the hashtag #bnda during the hour will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Be sure to follow @bnovakauction to be part of the Twitter Party.  :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's time again for Favorite Quote Friday.  I've been enjoying Marcus and Ami's roles in Phantom Shadows so much as I read through it that, for today's selection, I thought I would choose a quote from Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians Book 2) in which Marcus, the hero, addresses Ami, the heroine:

Marcus, looking rumpled, gaped up at her from a dozen or so yards away.  "Are you insane?" he bellowed after a long moment.

“I don’t think so,” she answered honestly.  Seth, David, and Darnell had all assured her she wasn’t.  But there were moments she questioned their judgement. 

If you've read Darkness Dawns and Night Reigns, I can't wait for you to see these two again in Phantom Shadows!  :-)

Have a great weekend!

Dianne

2 comments: