Friday, May 18, 2012

Favorite Quote Friday #33

Happy Friday!  How was your week?  Mine passed very quickly.  I never realize how much time I spend online on facebook, twitter, my blog, etc. until I have to severely limit it . . . as I did this past week.  I've been working on Phantom Shadows proofs and have a tight deadline.  In order to work on that and get some writing in on Book 4, I had to sacrifice internet time, so I missed all of my online friends.  :-(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update
Brenda Novak Auction
I have an update for you.  First, for newcomers, a recap:  The Brenda Novak Annual Auction for the Cure of Diabetes is under way.  Bidding will continue through May 31st.  I've donated an Immortal Guardians package:
  • 1 signed copy of Darkness Dawns
  • 1 signed copy of Night Reigns
  • Immortal Guardians swag (cover flats, postcards, bookmarks, mini-bookmarks).
Now the new stuff:  Danita, one of the auction volunteers, has informed me that they've added two new features to this year’s auction.  They know that there are some shoppers who are unable to bid on items but do want to contribute to the cause, so they added a store which will allow shoppers to purchase items with the proceeds going towards the auction.  The link to it is http://www.cafepress.com/brendanovaksonlinediabetesauction.  They also added a blog that provides updates on the auction, items that are currently being spotlighted, and much more.  The link to visit is http://bnauctionblog.tumblr.com/.

The auction will have a final Twitter Party on May 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM PST, hosted by Julie Rowe from Carina Press.  It will last until 2:00 PM PST. One lucky tweeter who uses the hashtag #bnda during the hour will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Be sure to follow @bnovakauction to be part of the Twitter Party.  :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now it's time again for Favorite Quote Friday.  Since Bastien remains in the forefront of my mind, I thought I would give a quote from Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians Book 1) in which Bastien speaks to Sarah, the heroine:

“Apparently your immortal friends didn’t bother to tell you that shooting vampires doesn’t kill us.” His lips pulled back from sharp fangs, igniting fear within her. “It only pisses us off!”  

Bastien's past is a complicated one.  ;-)

Have a great weekend!

Dianne

3 comments:

  1. I´m so looking forward Bastien´s story!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marie! I hope you'll like it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m so happy that Bastien will get his happy ever after!:-)He did not have an easy past.His best friend betrayed him,killed his sister and lied about it.I feel so sorry for him!:-(I have a soft spot for him,I really do.

      Delete