Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays!! To all who celebrate, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah! I hope you've all been enjoying this holiday season. We actually had some cool nights here with a touch of frost. But now it's back to shorts weather. LOL.

It's been a while since I've posted. I've been writing like crazy... and it's been going very well. So many of you have told me how much you enjoyed Seth's book, Death of Darkness. Thank you so much! And I've been getting a lot of requests for info on my next book. If you've been hanging with me online or following my blog, then you know I can be weirdly close-mouthed about projects I'm currently working on. But I'll likely have news for you soon. (I'm so excited!)
_____________________________________________


I managed to get most of my holiday shopping done early this year since Black Friday seemed to start on the first of November. 😃 But I know some shoppers are still out there tonight searching for last minute gifts. With them in mind, I thought I would share a character interview I wrote back in 2011 for Rabid Reads that will give you a glimpse of what can happen when one tries to do a little holiday shopping with an Immortal Guardian. In it, Roland and Sarah (hero and heroine of Darkness Dawns) are being interviewed by Todd, a human guard at The Network in my Immortal Guardians series.

Todd:
Thanks for joining me for a second interview.

Sarah: *smiles* We're happy to be here.

Todd: I have to admit I was surprised to get your call.

Sarah: *elbows Roland*

Roland: *grunts* We're happy to be here.

Todd: Really?

Roland: *looks askance at Sarah* Sure.

Sarah: *big grin*

Todd: Okay, what's going on?

Sarah: What do you mean?

Todd: The only one Roland is ever happy to see and spend time with is you. And your smile, while 
lovely, is way too bright.

Sarah: *wilts* Okay, here's the thing. We're kind of . . . hiding out.

Todd: Why, what did Roland do?

Roland: How do you know I did something?

Todd: Because you're . . . you. They don't call you antisocial for nothing. So, what'd you do?

Sarah: I took him Christmas shopping.

Todd: You what?

Sarah: Well . . . I just thought . . . the immortals have all been so sweet and wonderful, welcoming me 
into the fold . . . and I've been trying hard to bring Roland into the fold along with me, since he usually lingers on the outskirts . . .

Todd: Roland doesn't linger on the outskirts. He lingers about a hundred miles beyond the outskirts. So far beyond them, the outskirts can't even catch a glimpse of him, which frankly, neither the fold nor the outskirts mind.

Roland: *scowls*

Sarah: Anyway . . . while we were shopping—

Todd: Did he hold your purse for you?

Roland: *growls*

Sarah: Don't poke the bear, Todd. While we were shopping, there was an . . . incident.

Todd: Ah, man. He didn't kill anyone, did he?

Roland: You like to live dangerously, don't you?

Sarah: You see, I know Darnell likes to play video games and wanted to get him some of the newest ones. There was quite a crush, what with Christmas right around the corner, and—

Roland: That little snot pushed you.

Sarah: Yes, he did. A boy pushed me.

Roland: He wasn't a boy. He was twenty if he was a day.

Sarah: It doesn't really matter. What does is that I would have handled it myself if you hadn't decided to step in and protect me. You know I can take care of myself.

Roland: *smiles* She can. She kicks ass.

Sarah: Yes, I do.

Roland: I love that about you.

Sarah: I know. And I wish you would have remembered that when that moron shoved me.

Roland: *eyes flash bright amber* He put his hand on you. He's lucky I let him keep it.

Todd: What exactly did you do?

Sarah: *jerks a thumb in her husband's direction* That. You know immortals can't keep their eyes from glowing when they're in the grips of strong emotion. Well, Roland was furious.

Todd: Oh, boy.

Sarah: And he flashed his fangs.

Todd: Ah, man.

Sarah: And tossed the man across the store as if he were a tennis ball.

Todd: Way to keep a low profile there, chief.

Sarah: Utter chaos ensued. Which led to more shoving and pushing.

Todd: *groans* Come on, man. There must have been children present!

Roland: The children thought it was cool. It was the parents who freaked out.

Sarah: I ended up having to call Richart and have him teleport us out of there. Chris had to send in Cleaners. Seth had to wipe a lot of memories. It was a mess.

Todd: *shakes his head at Roland* You just spread that . . . cheer wherever you go, don't you?

Sarah: I thought it would be best if we lay low for a while and do pretty much anything we can to get back on Seth's good side.

Roland: I don't think I've ever been on Seth's good side.

Sarah: Yes, but I have, sweetie.

Todd: Okay, well, let's see if another interview will help. *jumps when Seth abruptly appears*

Seth: Really? You can't even go Christmas shopping without scaring humans?

Todd: I'm out.

Sarah: What about the interview?

Todd: *on his way out the door* Call me tomorrow . . . if you can. 
_____________________________________________

Thank you so much for all you do and for every smile you inspire. I wish you all the best this Holiday Season. 💝

Dianne



5 comments:

  1. This made me smile. :-) I love the Immortal Guardians and as Roland was the first one we met, I will always have a soft spot for him and Sarah.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone could use a little more humor in their life, so thank you for you! I'm eagerly waiting on your next book. I hope your holiday season was all you hoped it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is the next book in the Immortal Guardians series being released??? Talk about a cliff hanger:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
    This was fantastic. I got quite a few laughs and it made my day.

    ReplyDelete