Friday, December 11, 2015

An Excerpt, a Sale, & Exciting News

Happy Friday!  I have exciting news for you:


Phantom Embrace, my Immortal Guardians novella that was released in the On the Hunt anthology, will be released as a solo ebook on June 28, 2016.  It features Yuri as the hero and Bastien's sister Cat as the heroine.  AND it's only $1.99 (USD)!  If you're new to my Immortal Guardians series, don't worry.  Each book and novella can be read as a standalone.  Here are some pre-order links:


Kindle • Nook • Kobo • Amazon UK • Amazon Canada


RT Reviewers' Choice Award Nominee
Best Book — Long & Short Reviews
Top Pick — The Romance Reviews

More great news:  Darkness Dawns, the first book in my Immortal Guardians series, is on sale for a limited time for just $1.99 (USD) in ebook!  See how the series began or, since this is the holiday season, give it as a gift and help another reader discover my Immortal Guardians family.  :-)  Here are the links:


Kindle • iTunes • Nook • Kobo • Amazon UK • Amazon Canada


USA Today Bestseller
Amazon • Audible • Nook  iTunes  Kobo
BAM!  Walmart • Amazon UK • Amazon Canada

It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  Today I thought I would share an excerpt of my latest release, Shadows Strike.  It features Ethan and Heather, the hero and heroine.  :-)
______________________________

Calling himself six kinds of a fool, he collected the items he’d set on the roof of the car and strode up the wooden stairs. Bending, he set the goods to one side, out of her line of sight. Then, taking a deep, bracing breath, he knocked on the door.

Sneaker-clad feet carried Heather to the door.

Good. He hadn’t woken her.

The light behind the peephole darkened. The rattling of bolts being turned and a chain being removed preceded the opening of the front door.

Heather peered up at him. “Ethan. Hi.”

“Hi.” He smiled. She was as beautiful as he remembered. It had been hell, trying to stay away. He had only made it two weeks before he had given in and come to see her. He knew he shouldn’t lure Heather into his world, especially with Chris Reordon waiting in the wings to recruit her, but . . . he had been unable to stop thinking about her.

“What are you doing here?” she asked and looked past him. Not the friendly, flirty response he had hoped for.

His gaze drifted beyond her. Did she have a guest? A male guest?

His hackles rose. “Are you alone?”

“Yes.”

But she neither opened the door wider nor welcomed him inside.

Had he read things wrong with her?

“I was just hunting nearby,” he began.

Alarm swept across her features. “Hunting vampires? You saw more vampires hanging around?”

“No,” he hastened to assure her. “No. You’re safe, Heather.”

She didn’t relax. Nor did she stop visually searching the yard behind him.

“I meant I was hunting in the area and . . . was passing by on my way home and just thought I’d . . .” He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. “Ah, hell. I suck at this.”

“Suck at what?”

“I wasn’t hunting nearby,” he admitted. “I was hunting forty miles away. But I can’t stop thinking about you and wanted to see you again.” Bending, he retrieved what he hoped she would see as a romantic gesture. When he straightened, he held a newspaper in one hand and a stainless steel coffeepot in the other. He offered her a sheepish smile. “It seemed like a good idea at the time.”

Heather bit her lip. And he did think he saw a little Aww, how sweet enter her pretty brown eyes.

Stepping closer, he leaned against the door frame opposite her. “I’m afraid I don’t really know how to do this.”

He heard her heartbeat pick up. “Do what?”

“Date. I haven’t tried to court a woman in about a century. I don’t know how to get things going and can’t ask Ed or he’ll never let me live it down.” Damned if he didn’t feel like a teenager with his first crush.

Her throat moved in a swallow. “You want to date me?”

“If dating you means spending lots of time with you, getting to know you, and exploring every inch of your delectable body as soon as you’re ready to take things further, then yes. I really want to date you.” He held up his goodies. “I remembered your neighbor with the newspaper analogy and . . .” He released a rueful chuckle. “As I said, I don’t know what I’m doing. I don’t even like coffee. I just liked the idea of it and wanted to see you again.”

“Oh, Ethan. It’s perfect.”

His heart leapt.

“But I really wish you hadn’t come.” Stepping back, Heather opened the door.

Disappointment struck. “Why?” He had been so sure she’d felt the same spark.

She brought the hand he hadn’t realized she had been hiding behind her back around and raised a Walther PPQ 9mm. “Because I dreamed you would.”

As Ethan gaped down at her, she pulled the trigger.


______________________________

Have a wonderful weekend!  And don't forget to join me on My Facebook Page, where I often have Flash Giveaways.  ;-)

Dianne

2 comments:

  1. Gaaahhhhh... ok, I was on the fence..I have so many books to read. What the heck what is one more book. I am going to buy it now. Ms. Duvall... you are responsible for many bookhangovers. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy it!

      And you sound just like me. I have sooooo many books in my TBR pile. :-)

      Delete