Friday, May 17, 2013

Favorite Quote Friday #82

Happy Friday!  Reviews for Predatory continue to roll in.  I know I've said this before, but I'm so excited by the responses my Immortal Guardians novella "In Still Darkness" has been getting!!!

Beyond the Squee Book Reviews gave Predatory a wonderful 5-star/bookmark review.  Here's a snippet:

"These are not the vampires you've come to know from past books.  Each of these authors have made them their own.  And I'm not sure which one I love the most.  Too hard to choose!  There's just something about a man (or woman) with fangs.  Thankfully, you can enjoy each of them in their own right."

Here's what she thought of "In Still Darkness":

"I think this one was my favorite. Richart d'Alençon was a joy. He is an Immortal, dressed all in black with a long coat, ridding the world of crazed vamps. His knees are made weak by one kiss from a woman he rescues from the nutters. She doesn't remember that kiss, so he has to give her another. Yes, and please! Again, a lovely start to a series that I'm going to be searching out ASAP."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Book Lovin’ Mamas
Book Lovin' Mamas gave Predatory a nice review, too, recommending that the vampire lovers out there all give it a try.  :-)  Here's what she said about "In Still Darkness":

"I LOVED this story!  I've been following this series since the beginning and it was such a treat to finally get Richart's story and I couldn't have picked a better woman for him either!  I love the world that Dianne has built with these Guardians.  Her characters are always interesting, the men are supremely hot and the women kick ass!  This one was no different!  I can't wait for the next book in the series to release because I need more!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Books and Things gave Predatory a great 4-star review, calling it "an entertaining book.  Great for introductions to other PNR worlds which is what I think this book was all about.  It pulled it off nicely." 

Here's what she thought of "In Still Darkness":

"In Still Darkness is part of an established series (Immortal Guardians) which I have read and reviewed.  I love this world and the stories and this one was just so much fun going back to that world and learning about another character.  You don't have to have read the others to get it, but it makes it just that much more fun if you had.  If you love this series (like me) then you will really love this short."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Jeep Diva
The Jeep Diva thrilled me with her review of "In Still Darkness":

"First of all I am a HUGE Immortal Guardians fan.  I liked how this story seems to run in the background of Night Reigns and Phantom Shadows.  Readers have known that Richart has had a human girlfriend.  He spent much time on the phone with her during the last book.  That was all readers got though.  Now Dianne lets her reader know what Richart has been up to.

I just loved this story!  Richart saves a damsel in distress from the vampires attacking her.  This is what he does.  The new twist is that this damsel kisses him in gratitude and he can't forget her.  Jenna on the other hand has no problem forgetting her rescuer.  Little does she know that the sexy Frenchman that keeps popping up at her work has already had a taste of her and now he wants more."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  I thought I'd offer up another quote from "In Still Darkness" today.  It's a narrative quote that takes place during Richart and Jenna's first encounter:


The woman turned her head to meet Richart's gaze.

And the oddest little tingle danced through his chest.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment