Friday, December 9, 2016

Favorite Quote Friday—A Sorceress of His Own

Happy Friday!  We've had the most wonderful dark, rainy, thunder rumbly, chilly days here.  Perfect writing weather!  :-)  And speaking of writing . . .



I've been getting a lot of emails and messages from readers, asking me if there will be any more books in my Immortal Guardians series.  I've mentioned it here and on Facebook.  But if you missed the posts . . . 

There will definitely be more Immortal Guardians books.  I'm having far too much fun with this series to end it anytime soon.  Aidan's book—Book 7—is up next.  I'm working on it now and am having a lot of fun with it.  I'm thinking it will release in Summer 2017 or thereabouts.  I'll let you know the exact release date as soon as I have it.  More books will follow.  I don't know how many, because I'm a pantser, not a plotter.  But I do know that Seth's book won't end the series.  It will only end this particular series arc, then another will begin.  :-)




Haven't picked up a copy of Rendezvous with Yesterday yet?  Not sure Time Travel Romance is your cup of tea?  Then join me at Romantic Historical Reviews for a fun excerpt and giveaway.  Up for grabs is a kindle copy of Robert and Bethany's story.  Today is the last day to enter!



A Sorceress of His Own
The Gifted Ones Book 1
eBook
Kindle  iBooks  Kobo  Nook  Amazon UK
Paperback
Audiobook

It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  I've heard from so many readers who enjoyed seeing Dillon and Alyssa again in Rendezvous with Yesterday   So I thought today I would share a brief excerpt from A Sorceress of His Own that features them:
__________________________

“You are staring, Dillon.”

Blinking, he realized he had indeed been staring.  

A flush of uncertainty painted her features.

He smiled and closed the distance between them.  “Forgive me.  I was merely committing your beauty to memory ere you hide it beneath this.”  Reaching up, he helped her tug the black robe down over her head.

Her color deepened.  “You flatter me.”

“I speak the truth.”  Dillon clasped the lowered cowl loosely in both hands, one on either side of her face.  Her pale skin provided stark contrast to the midnight material.  Her glossy raven hair had been tamed into a single braid, accompanied by so much muttering and grumbling that he had chuckled as he stopped to watch her wrestle with it.  Her full lips were still rosy and slightly swollen from his kisses.  

So much warmth and understanding filled her gaze as she stood staring up at him that he wanted to crush her to him and never let her go.

“Dillon?”  She waited for him to raise the hood into place.

“I cannot,” he murmured, unmoving.  He should feel some guilt, he supposed, for the main motivation of his refusal appeared to be greed.  

He was greedy for the sight of her.  Every smile, every twitch or purse of her lips.  Every blink of her entrancing brown eyes.  Every flicker of her long lashes.  Every rising, falling, and drawing together of her sculpted eyebrows.  Every crinkling of her forehead.  Every wrinkling of her nose.

How could he bear to have it hidden from him again now that he knew all that he would be missing?  

Even more unthinkable… once she raised the cowl, would Alyssa slip back into her role of advisor and forget all that they had shared?

Her hands came up to clasp his wrists.  “You know this is how it must be.”

“For now,” he conceded with reluctance.

She shook her head, eyes full of regret.  “For always.”

Nay.  That he would not, could not accept.  Leaning down, he pressed a quick, hard kiss to her lips, then drew the hood up to shield her face.

“We shall speak more of this later,” he intoned and led her from the solar.
__________________________

Have a wonderful weekend!  I'll be spending mine with Aidan and his ladylove.  :-)

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment