Friday, December 13, 2013

Favorite Quote Friday #112

Happy Friday!  I've been working hard on Night Unbound, Immortal Guardians Book 5, and will be turning it in soon.  So excited!  Once I do, I'll probably celebrate with some contests either here or on Facebook.  Until then . . .



There's still time to enter to WIN my Holiday Contest over at Fresh Fiction.  The prize is a signed copy of Phantom Shadows (Book 3), an Immortal Guardians tote bag, a Darkness Rises keychain, an Immortal Guardians pen, a magnet, and lots of other swag.  The contest ends December 16th.  You can enter HERE.

RT Reviewers' Choice Award for Best Vampire Romance Nominee
Amazon • Kindle • Barnes and Noble • Nook
iBooks • Kobo • Audible • Walmart

It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  For today's selection, I thought I would give you a mini-excerpt of Darkness Rises, Immortal Guardians Book 4.  If you're new to my series, you should know that two different paranormal beings can be found in it:  psychotic vampires and the powerful immortal warriors who hunt them.  

Once the victim of a vicious vampire attack, Krysta Linz, the heroine in Darkness Rises, has dedicated her life to slaying every blood-sucking vampire she can find . . . and does such a fantastic job of it that her vampire hunting activities bring her to the attention of Immortal Guardian Étienne d’Alençon.  Étienne has always admired strong women.  So, when he sees Krysta (a mere mortal) take on four vampires by herself, he is instantly fascinated.  All he has to do now is convince Krysta that not everyone with fangs and glowing eyes is the enemy.

Rising, he strode into her room and circled the bed.  “I’m surprised you trust me enough to sleep beside me.”

“To be honest, I am, too.  You really aren’t going to bite me?”

“No.”  He settled beside her on top of the covers.

“Any plans to cop a feel?”

Her scent enveloped him as he turned his head to stare at her.  “Would you mind if I did?”

“I’m still considering that one.”

Yes.  This was definitely a bad idea.

“What is it about you that makes me want to forget what you are,” she asked softly, “that makes me believe you are what you are and not one of the vampires I hate so much?”

“I don’t know.  Perhaps the same thing about you that makes me want to believe you won’t drive a stake through my heart or chop off my head as soon as I doze off.”

Curling onto her side to face him, she raised one hand and drew delicate fingers down his cheek as her gaze roved his face.  “Truce?”

“Truce.”

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne


2 comments:

  1. Darkness Rises was one of those books I loved even more 2nd time reading. Great quote ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Fran! Thanks! I'm so glad you liked Darkness Rises! I really had a lot of fun writing it. :-) Happy Holidays!

      Delete