Friday, December 16, 2016

Favorite Quote Friday—A Blast from the Past

Happy Friday!  I had a great writing week.  Aidan and his leading lady have been making me smile and laugh a lot.  I hope you'll enjoy reading their story as much as I'm enjoying writing it.  :-)




I'll be giving away an Immortal Guardians and The Gifted Ones Swag Pack or two on my Facebook page this weekend.  I hope you'll drop by and join the fun!



Great news.  Rendezvous with Yesterday has been nominated for Favorite Historical Romance in the 2016 GraveTells Readers Choice Awards.  Woohoo!  If you'd like to cast your vote, voting continues through December 19th, 9PM Pacific Time.  :-)  


Speaking of Facebook . . .  I've been hearing from readers who haven't been seeing my posts as often as they used to.  Those of you who have pages of your own know that Facebook is constantly changing its algorithms and letting pages reach fewer and fewer of the people who have liked their pages.  So I thought I'd share direct links to some of my posts from time to time.  :-)  Here are some of this week's:


And an older post that is still getting attention.  :-)




It's time once more for Favorite Quotes Friday!  Bastian played a role in a scene I just wrote, which brought his book to mind.  So today I thought I'd share a mini-excerpt of Phantom Shadows:
_________________________________

Seth returned his attention to Bastien.  “You have company.”

Bastien looked at Melanie.

“Not her,” Seth said with exasperation.  “A handful of vampires are headed this way.  You’ll hear them momentarily.”  He reached out and touched Tanner’s shoulder.

“Wait!”

“What?”

Bastien stared at him.  “What are you doing?  Aren’t you going to take Dr. Lipton with you?”

“No.  I want her to continue monitoring you.”

“While I’m fighting vampires?” Bastien asked incredulously.

“She’s been trained.”  Seth looked at Melanie, who nodded she was okay with it.

Then Seth and Tanner disappeared.

Bastien couldn’t believe it.  He turned to Melanie.  “What did he mean you’ve been trained?”

She shrugged sheepishly.  “I can kick ass.”

She said it with such reluctance that Bastien felt a rush of amusement.  His lips twitched as he fought a smile.

“What?” she demanded with a frown.  “You think I can’t?”  She crossed her arms in a defensive pose that only drew his attention to her lovely breasts.

“No, it’s just . . .”  Eyes up.  “You looked so chagrined when you said it, like someone admitting they’d just farted or something.”

She laughed and lowered her arms.  “It just felt weird to say it.  I’ve never been comfortable tooting my own horn.”

Something as simple as her smile should not make his heart race and his body react in unsuitable ways.  It really shouldn’t.

But it did.  It also cast a spell that made it impossible for him to avoid smiling back.

This was not good.
_________________________________

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment