Friday, August 26, 2016

Favorite Quote Friday #119—Rendezvous With Yesterday

Happy Friday!  How was your week?  Mine was actually pretty miserable.  I've been sick all week.  BUT I seem to be on the mend now, so . . .



Just a reminder, I'm holding an ongoing Rendezvous With Yesterday Pre-Order Contest to thank readers who pre-order Robert and Bethany's story, which will release on October 17th.  Prizes include Amazon Gift Cards, signed books and swag, tote bags, coffee mugs, flashlight keychains, and more.  There have already been two winners.  And it's almost time to announce Winner #3.  ;-)  So, if you've pre-ordered Rendezvous With Yesterday and would like to enter, just fill out this form: 



#1 Amazon Bestseller
Special Pre-Order Discounted eBook Price — $4.99
(Regular $5.99)
Kindle  Nook  Kobo  Amazon UK  Amazon Canada

It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  Less than two months to go until the release of Rendezvous With Yesterday.  Hooray!!  I thought today I would give you a glimpse of the heroine's mischievous spirit in a micro-excerpt that features Bethany (the heroine), Robert (the hero), and a few of Robert's knights:
“I think men just want women to ride sidesaddle because you’re afraid we’ll show you up,” Beth taunted.  She didn’t think they called it sidesaddle yet, but they had become surprisingly adept at translating her modern speech, so she suspected they would catch her meaning. 
Stephen, of course, took the bait.  “Do you imply we fear you will best us?” he asked with some affront. 
“Absolutely,” she affirmed.  “If women were allowed to ride astride, you men would eat our dust.” 
Stephen snorted.  “Aside or astride.  If one is skilled, it makes no difference.” 
“Oh, yeah?  Have you ever ridden sidesaddle?” 
“Do I look like a woman to you?” 
“Do you really want me to answer that?” she countered. 
“Beth,” Robert cautioned as thunderclouds darkened the scruffy knight’s features. 
Grinning unrepentantly, she tossed him a wink.  “I can’t help it.  He’s such an easy mark.”
See what I mean when I say Bethany would fit right in with my Immortal Guardians family?  :-) 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment