Friday, February 6, 2015

A Sale, an Excerpt, and a Hero vs. Hero Smackdown

Happy Friday!  I've been hard at work, designing some new swag.  I hope to finish and order several boxes of it this weekend.  I'll post a pic here when it arrives.  :-)  I also mailed off some packages to contest winners.  Yay!



Great news!  Night Unbound, Immortal Guardians Book 5, is on sale for a limited time for just $2.99 on Kindle and Nook!  That's 63% off!  Woohoo!!



Also, Zach — the hero of Night Unbound — will be competing with other heroes in Kensington's big Hero vs Hero Smackdown.  The event begins next week.  Zach will compete on Wednesday, February 11th, so I hope you'll drop by and vote for him!  Voting only lasts 24-hours for each match.  You can get a sneak peek of the action and vote once it begins HERE.



USA Today Bestseller 
with over 165 5-star reviews on Amazon
Amazon  Audible • Barnes and Noble • iTunes • Kobo • Walmart

It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  Since Night Unbound featured prominently in my news this week, I thought I would give you a micro-excerpt from it today.  I try to keep my blog fairly family friendly for all the moms and dads out there who may have little ones perched in their laps or peering over their shoulders, so I'll preface this excerpt with a WARNING that it may not be appropriate for younger readers.  :-)  

And, for those who haven't read Night Unbound, you should know that Lisette is telepathic, and I altered one sentence that I consider a spoiler in case you choose to take advantage of the sale and grab a copy.  ;-)  The excerpt features Zach and Lisette, the hero and heroine, and is told from Zach's point of view.  
"I know you.”

He smiled.  She did.  She knew him better than anyone else in the world.  He supposed that should unnerve him, but it didn’t.

She leaned back.  “For example, even if I couldn’t feel how tense and bunched up your muscles are, I would know you’re feeling stressed.”

Stressed didn’t quite cover it.

Peeking up at him between her lashes, she drew a circle on his chest with one finger.  “Maybe I can do a little something to help you relax.”  

Every muscle in Zach’s body tightened as she drew that finger down his abdomen and tucked it into the waistband of his pants.

“You know, I’m still not used to seeing you in so many clothes,” she purred, and flicked open the button.

Zach swallowed, already hard and aching for her.  Tonight he had dressed as the Immortal Guardians did:  black pants, black shirt, long black coat, wings tucked away.

“It’s almost like I have two different lovers,” she continued, taking his zipper in her hand and lowering it an inch, knuckles brushing the erection straining against the black material.  “A mysterious Other who comes to me bare-chested and embraces me with wings as soft as silk.”  She lowered the zipper another inch.  “And a hunter, who comes to me dressed all in black and loaded down with weapons.”

Hell, he’d come to her dressed as a party clown, if she would just finish lowering the damned zipper. 
She laughed.  “I heard that.”

You'll see quite a bit of Zach and Lisette in Shadows Strike.  Until then . . . have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment