Friday, August 16, 2013

Favorite Quote Friday #95

Happy Friday!  I hope you had a good week!  We actually finally had some rain here that temporarily dropped temperatures twenty degrees or so, taking us out of the triple digits.  There was even a rumble or two of thunder.  So nice.

And two women whose opinions I value greatly — a fabulous author and an awesome blogger — told me they loved Darkness Rises!  Woohoo!  I'm always so nervous, waiting for those initial reviews to begin to trickle in as a book's release approaches.  I doubt that will ever change.  :-)



In case you missed it, I launched a contest here on my blog yesterday!  I'm giving away a signed ARC of Darkness Rises + Immortal Guardians swag.  Details can be found HERE.



It's time once more for Favorite Quote Friday!  If you're considering catching up on my Immortal Guardians series before Darkness Rises is released on October 1st, I thought I'd give you a little taste of Bastien from Phantom Shadows to whet your appetite.  This micro-excerpt is told from Melanie's (the heroine's) POV:  

The tension in her Chevy as they left the network was about a twenty-one on a scale of one to ten.  Bastien sat beside Melanie in the passenger seat, large and powerful even when not in motion.  Two soldiers sat in the backseat, automatic weapons in hand.

“I’m going to have to ask you to take your fingers off the triggers, gentlemen,” Bastien said after several long minutes, his gaze on the darkened scenery that zipped past outside his window.  “There are a lot of bumps in North Carolina’s roads that could precipitate an accidental discharge.”

In the rearview mirror, Lanie saw the men exchange smug glances.

“If it happens, it happens,” one drawled.

Bastien continued to stare out the window.  “If you should accidentally shoot me, I’ll merely break your arms and all of your fingers to prevent such stupidity from happening a second time,” he said blandly.  “But if you accidentally shoot Dr. Lipton, I’ll rip your throats out so swiftly you’ll bleed to death before the men in the vehicles behind us even realize something has gone wrong.  Just something for you to consider.”

Again the men exchanged a look, this one neither smug nor confident.  Both shifted, removing their fingers from the triggers she assumed.

“A wise decision,” Bastien commented.

Ahh, Bastien.  So much fun to write.  :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne

6 comments:

  1. I am on book 2 of the series and can not wait to read more about Bastien:) I have found another great Author and series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sin! So glad you're enjoying it! I hope you'll like Bastien's story. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love bastien he's my favorite one in the series. I can't wait for darkness rises to come out and find out what happened with ami and Marcus. these months just aren't going by quick enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like Darkness Rises! I'm torn between thinking that the months leading up to the release aren't going fast enough and that they're going too fast. LOL. I have SO many promotional deadlines, but I can't WAIT to see what readers think of Étienne's story! I'll be on pins and needles until I do. :-)

      Delete
  3. I love Bastien!!!:)He is my favorite in this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, he's one of my favorites, too. :-) I hope you'll enjoy his scenes in Darkness Rises!

      Delete